06. Faded Eyes

On and on I feel wary of every passing day,
I’m taken aback as I feel my heart race.

The flow of time moves as if I were going to die,
So why, I ask, should I take the time to try,
When my own efforts won’t reach the sky?
It’s as if my life grew into a wavering lie.

Depressed inside, I’ve slowed down my own pace,
Efforts fade as this feeling of sadness won’t dissipate.

All alone, I have nothing at stake,
Yet I yearn for love for my own sake.

The nightmares haunt me of my innocence,
While the days alert me that I’ve become so tense.

Sanity slowly fades away,
Comprehension goes astray,
Deceit turns my world into dismay.

Hope and faith are all that stay,
That’s all that hold onto this day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello