12. Lovingly Shield My Anxious Heart

Forever, I want you to be here,
So you can show me you care.

I can’t dream of a life of awe without you,
So, I pray, that you’ll never leave my side.

When you’re here, my dim heart’s darkness subsides,
Without you, there’s only fear that binds my timid light.

Each unsettling breath I breathe trembles my broken soul,
Yet, your gracious presence helps ease the horrid quake.

With each and every encounter,
My grateful heart whispers,
I love you for you, all of you,
Silently, I kneel down and pray,
I hope you’ll never go away.

So, I earnestly ask of you, forever stay by me,
I say, as our bond fills me with immense glee.

Hold me close in your warm embrace,
As you shelter my shivering lips with yours,
A kiss that shields my heart from loneliness.

With all the love in my anxious heart, I say,
Reciprocate, so my heart won’t go astray.
Loving your affection brings color to my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello