15. Limerence

You were the one I would pray for, everyday.
As you helped me escape the passing days.

You were the reason why I would never drop my smile.
As my heart was warmed with the gift of your presence.

But I’ve come to realize,
My joy’s too reliant on you.
So I’m going to let it all go,
Or I’ll never feel safe at home.

As the time passes me by,
I feel so alien from my light.
So I’ve come here to say,
It’s time we went separate ways.

As you were the one who shielded me from I.
But I won’t keep running away from me.
For I’ll never love myself if all I do is look to you.
Even though I’m afraid of the days without you,
I can’t run away from my own guiding light.
Or I’ll never be able to find peace of mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello