128. Rule

I start by opening the textbook.
I read left and right to find my voice.
I'm not quite sure where to look.
Sprinting through was my choice.

My teacher shows me where to guide my feet.
The excitement plants me in my seat.
I put my all into becoming an elite.
I shave off all that's unique.

I start to draw in the lines.
I thought I found what's mine.
I brush aside all that's benign.

Mirror mirror on the wall,
Why am I beginning to fall?
Reflection staring back at me,
Why are you waving mutiny?

The school becomes my plateau. 
Tears drip as I dig into the low.
I fall asleep breathing in quiet scares.
My screams trapped in my nightmares.

I burn away the rulebook.
My heart takes the next steps.
My mind trembled and shook.
I jump frighteningly into the ocean's depths.

I drown in the undersea mystery.
The chilly water absorbs the whole me.
Conformity washes as I become cleanly.
I open my eyes and can see clearly.

I see my persona in the raindrop.
Washing away into the underground.
Criticism no longer puts me at a stop.
I breathe in easy now that I'm found.

My throat relaxes as I'm heard.
My words take flight like a bird.
My life serenades contentment.
My spirit bathes in enlightenment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello