109. Trauma

My gaze has been on saturated signs
That light up the drunken nights.
My motion’s become tipsy to life's unease.
The pretty colors lie to me.

This detour has me consumed.
It's unsettling allure has me in a trance.
The anxiety excites me to dance.
It's got my heart in a quake.
What else will this addiction take?

Neon lights whispering temptations,
Having me dream through the nightmares.

I took sips from the tabooed elixir.
It gave me skin so thick
That fear never again clicked.

My heart, hardened like a cocoon,
Covered in a shell strong enough to stop
A backstabbing blade trying to take my life.

It wasn't until I couldn't extend my hand
To someone trying to jump off the land
That I realized I made a deal with the devil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello