95. Dance Coordination

It can be difficult to let words flow,
From the river of your soul.
It can be devastating to be firm,
And speak how you feel.
It can be heartbreaking to have resentments,
But that's why you learn to live from your heart.

Cat's got our tongue on feelings to be shared.
But you look for her to be able to let go.
Groundless from fear of integrity,
But you find your ground in insanity.
You build up a lie from glamour filled safety,
But living a lie isn't what you came here for.

We didn't come together to fill empty space
With mindless pleasure caught in stasis.
We fell together to look for the trace
That made living wholeheartedly our nemesis.

There's no time to live back in yesterday.
It's time we pulled each other together,
So we can make our way back to grace.
Our hands together for the perfect pace.

Remembering better days was our place.
Always wanting easier times when
Just being alive was our homemade Zen,
But this shaky foundation makes it no longer the case.

Growing older craving for days that were better.
Trapped in nostalgia wishing for that letter
Saying life was once full of things that matter.

But I began to leave this dream
Of days following my shadow
Reminding me of being carefree.

My feet finally touched the ground.
This is where my heart was found.

I let my feet settle
On a solid foundation.
No more struggle
With changing affliction.
I landed in a place full of fears.
The place where I left my tears.
I abandoned my vulnerability
To run away from humility.
But I let myself stay
To let go of past dismay.

When I found myself
I was able to extend my arm
And pull myself out
From living a lie
Of conformity.

This is the basis of living life anew
Like I had nothing left to lose.
So, here I am, reaching out to you
To pull you from the depths of excuse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello