PROLOGUE I. FOLKLORE II. GIANT WALKERS III. WHYTE RAIN CLOUDS IV. WHISPERING LIPS V. KILLING A GOD VI. CATHING THE EYE VII. TWIN-TAILS VIII. RUMOR-MILL IX. RESTITUTION X. AN ISLAND UNTO ONESELF XI. HEAVEN'S GREEN LAKE XII. RUBY'S RESOLVE XIII. LOVER'S LIME XIV. PREDISPOSITION XV. PROOF OF ROYAL BLOOD XVI. HEAVENLY XVII. FEATHERLESS WINGS XVIII. HIGHER FORCE XIX. RUBY WHYTE EPILOGUE
I drafted behind teachers and peers. Tailing them, hoping my insecurities disappear. Hoping that following someone great, There'd be no reason for me to make mistakes. I had the honor of walking in someone's footsteps, But I was never safe in my own skin hoping to be contempt. I wanted to be faultless. No more reason to fall apart endlessly. I looked for perfection in masters. I tried to become their heir. Hoping mastery would prevent me from being hopeless. It was my desire to be without being messy. The other side was full of rich, green pastures. But it had become too much to bare! I chased after glory. I followed them thoughtlessly. I became a robot programed to become you My silent whisper for perfection was self defeating. I wanted to be the predecessor to legends. But that destroyed my individuality. It wasn't until I found my ground That strength came to me As I no longer feared myself.
Wrote lyrics for a friend's song. https://youtu.be/PQGqNAKgxws Going back home Returning to nostalgia I haven't felt this way in years I'm back to better days Oh, yeah, I'm going back to better days I kick my shoes to the air Plant myself firm And I'm beginning to feel that way again I’m feeling that way again Oh yeah. I'm feeling that way again It felt like yesterday. Oh yeah. Having my heart run out to play It felt like yesterday. Oh yeah. As my thoughts never run out of words to say Those were the days I love to remember Those were the days I love to remember Those were better days, those were better days Those were the days I remembered when I met you
Comments
Post a Comment