76. Running on Empty

I don't know why I'm here
I'm slipping on ambition
I see my mirror
Looking into my own treason

I wake up
But I don't know
What I'm breathing for

Running from my regrets
Only to draw out more mistakes
A never ending rippled lake

A forming nightmare
Seeing that I don't care
Where my breath comes from

I'm running in the loop
Of a neverending moment
Of running on empty
Breathing in dry
Cold, cold, decaying sincerity

I'm running on empty
Just dishonest sympathy
With no real empathy
When my image
Outshines my integrity

Living the life of moving forward
When I'm still staring into the past
Covering my eyes from pain
Walking with my shadow that never leaves
It's an ongoing rhythm of unceasing anxiety

I do it to hide from the main reason
That I tell myself that it's best for me to go alone
No real reason to bond
My desire for real connection is gone
When all I know are hands letting go

I do it for the hidden heartbreak

Never again

Never again do I want to go back
To the heartbreak that started it all
Seeping through my blood
As it dries my tears
When I can no longer feel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello