111. Cyborg

I've been caught in a dream.
Dragging my feet around and around.
Daydreaming of shedding the dirt off my skin,
So I can put on a new face.
But spinning my wheels has me burnt out.
I take my drive headstrong.
Too afraid too see where I'm going,
I race blindfolded head on
Until I crash.

As I lay in my own blood,
I'm visited by my own ghost
Reminding me of days past

How long did this last?
I used to make the most
Out of every flood.

I wouldn't even bat an eyelash.
Feeling like a newborn fawn
I could rest by yawning
During days that didn't last so long.
Back in the days without drought,
Water would wash away the disgrace.
I never saw mistakes as sin.
Only peace was to be found.
I'm remembering my gleam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello