102. Brain's All You Got

You've got a brain.
You got all the good grades.
You're swimming in accolades.
But I have something more.

You can figure out the complexity of the Earth.
You've got a grasp on all the arguments.
You're gonna make sure you always win.
But I can understand why you can't sleep at night.

There's a cold breath escaping your mouth.
Your voice brings shivers to the spine.
But what I have is warmth to help you forget time.
Let me bring you out of your mind to your shrine.

No matter what you can't give up being right.
When you're challenged is when you begin to bite.
But I gotta admit that I've got fangs just like you.
You take a bite out of ignorance, but I defend integrity.

You've cultivated your insight,
But I've let go of what's right.
You bring justice to the table.
But I bring people out of their fable.

You know all the right answers,
But you forgot how the heart wonders.
You've forsaken curiosity for textbooks.
All you see is a mess to be cleaned,
But there is genuity hidden in the disgruntled.

You look the part of confidence,
And I play the part of being loosely fit.
We play the roles of opposites.
But that demeanor has made you tense.

I'm here to break you from second hand living.
I want you to forget insecurity so you can sing.
When you can live with what's sickening,
You'll see all mistakes worth forgiving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello