70 / 70.5 ~ The Enlightenment Game / Soft Stance

The Enlightenment Game

I was promised peace
Brushing life a sickle breeze
All I had to do was invite apathy

The numbing of eyes blind
Hiding to bypass empathy
Tipsy on empty

But this isn't the serenity
That was promised
To me

No
Only a desert
Dry of any real clarity

Only when I became sober
No longer drunk
On emptiness

I began to know
Calm
Within the storm

Touching something so primordial
Before knowing a warm light
Before running from a cloaked night

A taste so forbidden
But never hidden
Underneath self-treason

I knew it before knowledge spoke
I felt it before emotions provoked

It dawned
A love expressed
Simple and sweet
Remembering
Here I am
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soft Stance

I only wanted to feel free
Nothing came but apathy
I thought I had footing
I was only numbed
I couldn't tell
I fell

Turning away from the devil
Hiding beside him in hell

Undiscerning to what came around
Unseeing the shaky ground
Unable to rid the vibration of an
Unwavering self-treason

Too blind to sense
Too dry to taste
From airless inhales

Leading me to dust my own grave
As I breathe in
Fresh

What grazed me
Before light brushed me warmth
And chilled shadows took my balance

So simple, so primordial
No gentler words can it whisper than:
'Here I am'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello