X. Love

When people speak about love, why does it almost always have to involve another person?
Whatever happened to the love of being alive? The love of enjoying your craft? The love of designing a cool shirt, running an event, or just smelling the roses and taking in the horizon can be just as grand as, or even more, invigorating as romantic love.
Don't get me wrong, loving people is really awesome too, but it seems really scarce, to me at least, to really meet someone that brings me a sense of aliveness that isn't based on some sort of neurotic attachment stemming from lack. Heck, sometimes the pure things become poisonous if I'm not careful.
I could write an essay on this, but nahhh... I'm just curious. Whatever happened to the love that has no requirements or particular gain. Whatever happened to just paying attention? Isn't the attention you give, regardless if it's on a person, thing, objective, etc, the ultimate form of love?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello