IX. Heartbreak, Heartopen

What if the heart breaking was a good thing? What if what was breaking wasn't the heart, but the armoring around it? What if the pain is just the heart shedding off that thick skin you built to block you out from everything that makes you vulnerable, open? What if the ache brought you back to the the most tender part of yourself? What if an unguarded heart was a call home to love?

No matter how many times she breaks my heart, I can never hold onto the anger that arises. No matter how many times she brings tears to my eyes, I can never think any less of her. No matter how painful, each heartbreak humbles me to see remember our humaness.

Perhaps this is a cleansing of conditioning to the innocence we're covering up? A surrender to an all inclusive love of allowing without argument?

An open heart, no?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello