25. A Story of Shame

Once upon a time
I’d look into your eyes
So ill feelings would die

I saw a guide within you
The way to freedom
A calm serenity

Gazing about tonight
I whisper into the night
You brighten up my light

What did you see in me
To give me a chance
To be your friend?
Albeit, a short while?

Yet, what called upon you
To not see things through
So our bond went adieu?
I never knew...

I saw great pain in your eyes
Covering a delicate stream
A stream of warmth

You were like an angel
Ashamed of her own grace
Masking her own wings
In fear of feeling vulnerable
Too afraid of being ashamed
Of being congruent with love

I prayed greatly
That I’d be the one
To open your heart

But our paths cross no more.
So...This is...Goodbye...
I guess...?
Take care, miss.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

171. Kissing For Air

179. Healing

182. Little Hello